Thursday, June 19, 2008

Me Blog Pretty One Day


So author David Sedaris is one of my favorites...Whilst shopping for Father's Day presents I happened to stumble upon his latest book When You are Engulfed in Flames and just had to buy it. I'm currently obsessed with The Other Boleyn Girl but once I finish that I'm off to Sedaris land. I've read Naked, Me Talk Pretty One Day and Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim. I LOVED the first two that I listed and was so-so on the last. I think I've read a short story in the New Yorker from Holidays on Ice. I don't think I have ever laughed harder from a story than I did with the tale from Me Talk Pretty One Day about the students in the french class Sedaris is taking in Paris all attempting to describe their own country's Easter celebrations...in their broken French. It is hilarious to say the least. Tears! Anyway, I will let you know what I think of WYAEIF. He really can't do wrong.

No comments: